Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mass Change of Record Manager

CS
Copper Contributor

Mass Change of Record Manager

I need a way to mass change the record manager in opportunities and companies. "Replace field with" function does not work for these. I can't use the reassign function either since some of the opportunity/company responsibilities will now be spread to several different people. Using ACT 2009 Premium.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Mass Change of Record Manager

CS
Copper Contributor

The first method only works for Contacts? When I try to change Companies, the Record Manager option is greyed out. Ditto for Opportunities? Should this method work for all three?

This second method - the premium version of the tool looks like it may work for Contacts and Companies but does not mention Opportunities.

For Opportunities, it worked when I selected then ones I wanted (high-lit with click and shift-click), then Edit | Replace

For Companies it didn't work ... looks like a bug and I'll pass it on

For the add-on, give them a call and ask Len ... he made several changes for me one time to solve a client issue
CS
Copper Contributor

What version do you have? Was there a hotfix for 2009 that I could apply to get Opportunities to work?
CS
Copper Contributor

Also, when I go to the Opportunity List view and highlight the ones I would like to change, then edit, Replace..Replace, Swap and Copy are all greyed out.

Oh ... sorry. I'm running ACT! 2012.

Pretty sure it didn't allow that until 2010... but not working properly now :-(

Either upgrade or speak to Len about the add-on