Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mapping to Excel the document tab

Mapping to Excel the document tab

Hi all,

I've done some searching and can't really find much information or other posts regarding this - apologies if it has already been covered.  Allow to set the scene...

I'm running 2011 ACT! Premium with 5 users a sout CRM tool but I am starting to use it more for sales reporting - having recently discovered the 'Map to Excel' facilty which is proving very useful.

At the moment I run a spreadsheet accessible by all to keep track of new clients signing up to our services.  I am hoping to add this 'central' spreadsheet as a document to all records (of a certain lookup) which can then update as each new contact is created.

The issues I have come across are that I can 'Map to Group' but can't map to multiple contacts (so the file appears in the contact document tab as opposed to the Group Document tab).  I am also struggling to create a mapped spreadsheet that will updates as contact records are created by putting data into a separate row (if this is possible).

I was wondering if anyone ran something similar and maybe had some pointers, or, to confirm that I am completely off the chart and should stop trying this as it is not possible!

Any thoughts and/or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Mapping to Excel the document tab

Rather than use Map to Excel in contact view why not use the Export to Excel in Opportunity list view?  You can add fields  like start and finish date of contract etc to give the reporting features you want. If you always save this in the same place on a server you can then create a link under a field in ACT to look this up.