Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Map to Excel does not work

Copper Contributor

Map to Excel does not work

Using Act! 2010 Premium Hotfix 4

Trying to create an Excel form. I started with a new Excel spreadsheet & when I got into Act! on the Excel menu all options are available.  When I tried to map a Company, Contact, Group or Opportunity field nothing happens.  I shut down Excel & start again with a new spreadsheet.  This time in the Act menu only Map to Company & Contact are available.  I can map a field into Excel this time.  The problem is I want to map an Opportunity field.  I shut down Excel & start again.   This time only Map to Contact is available. 

I have Act! open & I am at in the detail view of an opportunity while I am doing this.  Why can't I map a Opportunity & why does it appear to be inconsistent?  What am I missing?

Thanks

Tony

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Map to Excel does not work

Hello Tony,

After some testing, it appears that you cannot map Company, Group or Contact fields togeher with Opportunity fields. If you have added a Contact, Company or Group field to the spreadsheet, then you will not have the option to add an Opportunity field, and vice versa. This may be due to the new table structure for Opportunities and I am not sure if this is function as designed or a program issue. I will report it to the developers and see what happens.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Re: Map to Excel does not work

Hi Greig

I have since been playing around with the spreadsheet & have managed to insert both opportunity & contact fields into the spreadsheet ok.  But now I am having other issues.  I wanted to move the linked fields from one cell to another so I cut & pasted.  It all looked ok until I went to Map to Excel from the docs tab.  Now the data is in the new cells but also in the original cells.  I went back to the spreadsheet & looked at the original cells & there is nothing there.  I even cleared the field & put "XXX" into that cell.  I went to Map to Excel again & the mapped data is still showing in that cell.  No "XXX".  I can't remove the mapped data from the original cells.  Why is this?

Thanks

Tony