Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Managing groups

Copper Contributor

Managing groups

I have  group of contacts that I want to use for a mail-out which is created dynamically using an advanced query.  As I scan the contacts selected, I spot a few that I want to remove from the send.  This might be a subjective judgment ( i.e  although this contact meets group criteria, I just don't want to include the contact in this mail-out)  or a situation where there are multiple contacts for a company and, for this mail-out, I want to send to the marketing director, excluding the CEO and FD.

What is the best way to handle this ?  So far I've added a field "MailOut Exclude"  which is clicked to true as the list is reviewed.  The query is modified to exclude contacts where this field is true.  After the mailout I use  Edit -> Replace field to reset all these markers to false.

Thanks.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Managing groups

Looks like you have already found a soloution. The only other option is to go to your group and do create lookup. Now in the contact list you can click omit selected after highlighting the contacts you do not want in the mail out. Now do your email merge on current lookup.

Copper Contributor

Re: Managing groups

Thanks  ch1p - I prefer your solution !  I'd forgotten about Omit Selected.