Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Making an entire calendar private in ACT version 16

Making an entire calendar private in ACT version 16

I am using a shared database with multiple users. One of the users of the database is the owner of the company. We would like to have his calendar be made unavailable to the other users. Is this possible?

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Making an entire calendar private in ACT version 16

You would need to open each one of the activites and mark in Private.  I'm sure one of the add-on programmers could write something to do all of them at once (if they haven't already).  How many activities are you talking about?

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com

Lots. I recall in an older version there was a way to not allow everyone access to all user's calendars. It would be possible to make each activity private but this is problematic as well. For instance, I don't want all users to see what eachother are doing, but I would still like to see their activities. If they are made private, I would have to log in as them to see their private activities.

Nickel Super Contributor

The calendar access options are "View" and "View and Schedule".  I guess filtering that one user off the calendar doesn't do the job (because the other users could still go add it back)?

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com

Where do I access the "view" and "view and schedule" options? I only can toggle the select user options.

Nickel Super Contributor

Schedule >  Grant Calendar Access

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com

I can change it only from view to view and schedule. Either way they can view the calendar. Is there a way to restrict other user's from viewing?