Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Make a Report??

Make a Report??

Could anyone provide me with the steps on how to create/generate a Report based on the screen shot info below? We need to generate a report based on Account Activities to see when an account moves to a different provider in our network, and I'm at a loss as to how to do it. Using V. 19.2Report.png

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Make a Report??

This looks like a heavily customised area of the opportunities screen and I think you are asking to track changes in this area.

If I am right one idea is make all the fields create history (Option when creating the fields or can be done afterwards.)

Now you can capture the information in the History area of ACT and filter by the fields you are interested in.

Roy the ACT report guru may have a different solution using a report add-on.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Not a bad idea except that the ACT! reports can't access the opportunity history. Opportunity reporting is very limited using the ACT! reports. Almost certainly a tack for Durkin Impact reports.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Roy

I was thinking more about taking the information from the History List into Excel but it depends what information they are looking for.

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is Dunkin Impact? Is that an add-on? 

Basically, the company I work for is a commercial janitorial service provider. When one of our clients switches out to a new crew (due to issues, time changes, whatever), our CSR's put the "Crew Change" info under the Account Activities tab shown above. When you click "Add" it brings up a box with the option to choose "crew change", place the name of the current crew and the name of the new crew, as well as the dates that the change takes place.

We were told, we thought, that there was a way to pull a report of "crew changes" from the data in this tab, but I can't find it for the life of me.

The history idea, if it worked, would be sufficient, except that we need to pull the report on a monthly basis, not an Over-all list of all crew changes. 

I hope that makes sense. We are all extremely new to ACT ( I've used the program for around a month now) and we're kind of struggling through. 

The Durkin Impact reports is a third party report editor pre-configured for the ACT! database. It's more comprehensive than the ACT! reports. Reading over the description of what you want, the ACT! reports lack the filtering capabilities to produce the report you want. I assume that Crew Change is a custom activity you've created.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Well.. We didn't create it, the tech who set up our ACT did... but yes, it is custom.  

After reading through the description, do you feel that The Durkin Impact reports would be able to pull the information we need? Here's an additional screenshot if that helps at all, to show what is opened when the Account Activities info is clicked: 

report2.jpg

It should be no problem. I've created several Impact report templates similar to what you want.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Super Contributor

Impactact.com

You're welcome to reach out directly to us with your questions.

Paul Marentette
paul@teamuptime.ca

SOLUTIONS FROM TEAM UPTIME