Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Make Opportunities Product Name field not editable

Make Opportunities Product Name field not editable

[ Edited ]

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to make the Opportunity Product Name field uneditable so that the user is only limited to the products listed. Is there a add-on that supports this function?

I am currently using ACT 10 Premium.

Thanks for your help!

Message Edited by michio on 08-13-2009 03:50 PM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Make Opportunities Product Name field not editable

Good point,  I agree.

It should be editable for Manager and Administrator and Administrator granted/witheld to any users of lesser security access

Even Resticted User has that ability to edit Opportunities in the current version.   

I suggest you post your suggestion to the 'Share Your Ideas' community refer the above tabs and get noticed at Sage..:-)  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Thanks gleo! I just posted the idea. I was hoping to find out if there was a solution. My company operates on product numbers and not on product names so when an extra space appears in the product name, a product # never appears on their order form.

The battle continues on with our sales staff.

Bronze Elite Contributor

In a recent add-on we have written for ACT! , Xact Link for ACT! and MYOB,  we have enabled the Opportunities Product List to be populated from the linked accounting software Items list so that staff are choosing items direct from the accounting system rather than having to rely on the data in ACT! being accurate. Perhaps that is a solution you might look at.

Graeme Leo

That we would be a good solution but unfortunately we are using a different accounting system that is integrated with our manufacturing software.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Depending on how important it is for you to integrate accounting with ACT! we may be able to provide a custom development for you. The ACT! side of the process we have already done. It is then a matter of connecting it to the accounting process. Our development programme is to produce this function across different accounting products.  

Graeme Leo