Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mailmerge fields do not appear in Office 2003

Mailmerge fields do not appear in Office 2003

I have just installed Act 2010 which is being used in conjunction with Office 2003 SP3. When I edit a template the mailmerge box does not open with Word as it normally should. I have uninstalled Act then reinstalled it but still get the same problem, everything else seems to work fine.
Silver Contributor

Re: Mailmerge fields do not appear in Office 2003

Tools, Preferences, Communications, please verify that Word is your selected word processor and not the ACT word processor.
Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Yes, I have Word selected as my word processor
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's probably due to the ACT Add in for MS Word not being installed or its registry value not being correct.   I had what sounds like the same problem.  I was using Word XP (2002). 

When you go to edit or create a document template, do you see an ACT tool bar or a little dialogue box pop up with the ACT fields there?   If not, you probably don't have the ACT Add In.  Here is the fix from the Sage knowledge base.  If it doesn't work, check the link below to SAGE.  It give you several other options.

Invalid Registry Value
This issue may also be caused by an invalid value in the registry. Follow these steps to verify and correct if needed:

1. From your Windows Start menu, select Run, then type in regedit. Windows Vista users would type this command in the Search box on the Start menu.
  2. When the Windows Registry Editor opens, browse to the following registry key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\ACTOfficeAddIn.Connect
  3. Highlight the key, look in the right-hand pane, locate the LoadBehavior value, and verify that the Data value is 0x00000003 (3).
  4. If it is not, then double-click on LoadBehavior and change the value to 3. If it is, proceed to the next step.
  5. Repeat Steps 2-4 for this registry key as well:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\ACTOfficeAddIn.Connect

ACT! Menu Option is Missing from Microsoft Word

Thanks,

Dean

[Edit: shortened link to fit on screen]

Message Edited by ghollister on 06-22-2010 09:34 AM
Copper Contributor

I have the same issue. Using Winword 2002. Do not see the Word\Addins\ACTOfficeAddIn.Connect in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office. How do I get it in there?
Platinum Super Contributor

What version of Act! are you running?

Do you see the add-ins for other Office products (Excel and Outlook)?

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Using  ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0. Yes I see them in the other programs

Copper Contributor

I have the same issue where ACT doesn;t appear in Word and the reg key isn't even in there. ACT 2010.12.2.76. ACT is in Outlook but not excel

Copper Contributor

Ok - I upgraded to Office  2007, re-installed the 2 windows installer packages, applied the Word 2007 add-on settings when logged in to the PC as administrator and hey presto - got my ACT fields.