Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mail not attaching to contacts

Mail not attaching to contacts

My mail has stopped attaching and wanted the best approaches to fix this problem. Additionally, can ACT continually save history (messages from MS Outlook) or is it a once a day feature. I've noticed when ACT was working correctly I would get a message occasionally with a list of emails that were going to be connected to the ACT history...why the delay?  Thanks for your help.
JM
Nickel Contributor

Re: Mail not attaching to contacts

Make sure you backed up ACT and then.

Make sure in Windows Task Manager Outlook is closed than ACT! Tools | Preferences | Email tab click on E-mail System setup.. button to re-establishset up you will not loose anything.  As you follow the Wizard it will ask you want you want to do with in/out bound emails.

Not sure about other part of your question what is a Save History from Outlook? 

JM

I mean does ACT continually save emails to the act history or is it a once a day transfer of emails? So I followed your suggestion and went back thru the wizard, sent a test email, and it did not go into the history...which is why the previous question. If act is supposed to continually work than it still isn't working...
JM
Nickel Contributor

Yes real time and saved in Contact History Tab. 

An in/out email address gets compared to the ACT! DB Contact record System Field (specific email field default by ACT).

Make sure the email address is in the record and see if you have an Act icon in the lower right task tray that you can right click on to unhide it.  A window pop's up and the second tab will show emails it did not find a match to attached to contact record history.

Another check to see if the service is running is in the Outlook Tool bar are the icons man an dman with paper clip. High light email in inbox and click on paperclip man icon if you get dialog window you know service is running and the setup to the ACT DB is OK.  Unless you are pointint to the wrong ACT DB.

JM

Yes real time and saved in Contact History Tab. 

An in/out email address gets compared to the ACT! DB Contact record System Field (specific email field default by ACT).

Make sure the email address is in the record yes, it is and see if you have an Act icon in the lower right task tray no, but I remember it use to be there  

Another check to see if the service is running is in the Outlook Tool bar are the icons man an dman with paper clip .I have a 'attach to ACT contacts', 'create ACT contact', 'create act activity', and 'quick attach'.    High light email in inbox and click on paperclip man icon if you get dialog window you know service is running and the setup to the ACT DB is OK.  Unless you are pointint to the wrong ACT DB.  How would I check that?

JM

JM
Nickel Contributor

When you click from Outllok toolbar attach email the Attach E-Mail to contacts window will show you the computer name and name of DB

\\PCNAME\ACTDBNAME (Default).

If you do an attach to ACT! the email to DB and you know there is no such person in DB you should see in windows right task tray the Icon to right click on and open status.

Check ACT KB Answer ID's for the step to reinstall that part of ACT.

JM