Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mail merge removing images

Highlighted

Re: Mail merge removing images

Hi Ch1p,

Has V19 been released, not been able to find a copy to install? - Possibly not looking in the right place

Thanks

Sam

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have answer by email with links for software.

Highlighted

Still having the same problems, images getting removed when doing a mail merge

Highlighted
Employee

Hi Napsamit

This is still a known issue.

This is targeted to be fixed with service pack one for v19

Unfortunately I can not provide a date for that release at the moment.

Thanks

Cam Mortimer
------------------------------------
Customer Success Team

A NOTE REGARDING DIRECT ASSISTANCE: I am unable to offer any direct assistance over private message. All questions should be posted publicly in the appropriate community boards. Private message should only be used for the exchange of private information.
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Hi Cam and thank you for the update.

I must admit I am disappointed as this was originally scheduled to be fixed for V19 release.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Have just had a painful meeting with a client over the issue after an upgrade of ACT V19 not handling graphics correctly in emails when V16 worked well.

I try to be supportive of ACT but how they could release V19 with this well know bug still in it beggars belief.

The answer of well you can always use emarketing is not valid in this instance and a poor excuse for releasing a new version of ACT without having addressed this issue.

Yes I know it is destined for SP1 but quite frankly that is not good enough. We at the sharp end have to try to defend your design teams actions to our clients so I don't think it hurts sometimes to share our pain with the ACT decision makers. Please pass on - maybe a hot fix now?

Rant over.

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

@ch1p wrote:

Have just had a painful meeting with a client over the issue after an upgrade of ACT V19 not handling graphics correctly in emails when V16 worked well.

I try to be supportive of ACT but how they could release V19 with this well know bug still in it beggars belief.

The answer of well you can always use emarketing is not valid in this instance and a poor excuse for releasing a new version of ACT without having addressed this issue.

Yes I know it is destined for SP1 but quite frankly that is not good enough. We at the sharp end have to try to defend your design teams actions to our clients so I don't think it hurts sometimes to share our pain with the ACT decision makers. Please pass on - maybe a hot fix now?

Rant over.

Well said ch1p !! Smiley Embarassed

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org