Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mail Merge with Companies

Mail Merge with Companies

I have read other posts with similar headings.  It is unbelievable to me that a CRM software as ubiquitous as ACT cannot do a mail merge based on Company information or a Company lookup.  To try to get around this inconvenient problem I created a new field in Contacts called "Company Status." This is linked to the Company field "ID/Status."  When I change the Company's ID/Status it should change the Contact's "Company Status" as well, thereby allowing me to create a look up based on the Company's information.  The next problem is that these fields are not updating automatically.  I have checked to make sure they are linked under "define fields." I have even tried it both ways, selecting Contacts one time and Companies another.  Please help me find a solution to this problem.  If ACT is not going to support mail merge campaigns in the manner in which its customer's need to use it, at least help provide a work around.

Thanks

Re: Mail Merge with Companies

You can mail merge directly to a company.  Step 4 of 6 during the mail merge wizard allows you to select a company.  Granted this can only be done on one company at a time.  You can also create lookup from the Company or Company list by right clicking on the company name and selecting create lookup or selecting the magnifying glass icon.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Thanks. I intalled the updates and the linked fields are still not updating automatically.  I can click each contact individually and select update linked contact but I cannot select all and do this.

ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0

Ahhh sorry... you can't select multiple contacts to do this.

You can select a Company that has been updated and then - Company | Update Linked Contacts

Will this help?