Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mail Merge help

Tuned Listener

Mail Merge help

Hey guys, Im having a small mail merge issue.

How do I take a lookup and in the Contact List view, merge a doc with information from that lookup ON THE SAME PAGE. on 1 word doc. I know if you have a lookup and mail merge, it will create multiple merge docs for all of those companys. But i want 1 doc, 1 page, with multiple contacts on it. I'm making mailer labels, and want to be able to make a lookup for peoples birthdays in the comming month, and then send mailers to all of them. I want to print the Contact info on a word Doc i have formatted to print on a template for the Avery Labels i have.

Example:

lets say i have a lookup of 5 contacts. and i want to have a Word doc that contains the Address, City, State, Zip, Company Name, and Contact name for all 5 of these contacts on it.

how do i code the doc to place this information into an Avery Label template from act?

-Ian

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Mail Merge help

You use the reports, Word templates are limited to one contact per page. Because the ACT! program includes templates for most of the common Avery label sheets there likely already is a template for your labels.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

I dont understand? how do i use the reports to merge out into a Word doc?

For example.. how would i lookup all of next months birthdays... from a report and get that into a word Doc?

Sorry i just NEVER use reports? i dont know how to use/run them

Platinum Elite Contributor

You don't get the report into Word, the report outputs directly to preview or the printer. Take a look at File | Print | Labels.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129