Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mail Merge error with Outlook

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Mail Merge error with Outlook

[ Edited ]

Hope your wrong.

Scenario

Shell have 80% of petrol sales and change their formula. All cars run on new formula except Fiat. Fiat says its shells problem and don't do anything about it. 

Result - people don't buy Fiats.

Shell = MS Office and Fiat = ACT.

Just installing V23 Premium so will let you know what I find.

Copper Contributor

I hadn't noticed, but the other thing that is happening, is ACT is not saving the amails I send, or attach from Oulook proplery. They text appears in History, but not in a way I can open and reply to. This is now a feature that means ACT is as good as useless to me as it's the thing I use most. If my contact/relatship database doesn't allow me to store emails in a way I can reply to them etc. It's useless. 

Any advice?

Nickel Contributor

Check that Emails are saved as Attachments and not as Date, Subject & Message. As Im not sure what version of Act you have - desktop or cloud - I've attached screnshot of Act preferences in Outlook as a guide to resolve your problem.    

Copper Contributor

yup, they are set as 'e-mail subject and message'. when I get an email in outlook, I can save it to the contact, and that is shoing correctly 'email subject, message and all attachments' but when I send one it isn't. 

This is really bad. this is how I keep a recored of my intersactiosn, but in a way i can still reply/forward emails that were sent. 

anyone esle having this issue? 

Copper Contributor

Sorry, I meant to say, I'm running Act! Pro Versoin 21.1.187.0 update 4
Copper Contributor

This is definitely not fixed is it. Most annoying