Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mail Merge broken. ACT 2011 (WEB). Unable to install ACTMailMergeInstaller

Mail Merge broken. ACT 2011 (WEB). Unable to install ACTMailMergeInstaller

I am unable to get the mail merge  feature for ACT 2011 for WEB to work through my IE8 browser.

The system refuses to actually install the software. The merge utility installs just fine into Microsoft word but not in the ACT web software. So, after I install the software and go back to access the mail merge feature, it just asks me to reinstall it, which just prompts an uninstall because its already installed! If I try to uninstall and re-install the cycle starts over again.

I tried putting IE8 In Compatibibility mode and I made sure pop up blocker is off. I also added my APFW to my trusted sites. Still no results. Please help. Smiley Sad

Software: ACT! 2011 Premium for Web

Browser: Internet Explorer 8

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Mail Merge broken. ACT 2011 (WEB). Unable to install ACTMailMergeInstaller

Hello Daniel,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Try disabling the Windows UAC feature before attempting to install the mail merge program.  Here is an article with instructions for disabling UAC: KB Article 25665

You can also try running the install file 'As Administrator', this is done by: right click on install file > select 'Run As Adminstrator'.

Greg Martin
Sage

[ Edited ]

Thanks for responding Greg. Neither of these suggestions solved the issue. I'm still trying to figure this out. Any other suggestions? Anything I can do at the server level?

After installing, have you checked the IE add-ons to ensure it is Enabled?  (IE > Tools > Manage Add-ons > Toolbars and Extension > Sage Software)

Are any other machines having the same issue, or is it just the one?

Greg Martin
Sage

Another possible reason it is not installing: is Internet Explorer 64-bit installed?

Greg Martin
Sage

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the response. I tried all of the suggestions above. After installed, "Sage Act" does not even appear as an add-on in the manager screen. Here is the details on my browser:

Internet Explorer 8

Version: 8.0.7600.16385 64-bit Edition
Cipher Strength: 256-bit

This problem is experienced on all machines and browsers. We've tried mozilla and safari too. Same issue. It seems to be a software problem. We downloaded the latest service pack and hot fix as well. This problem is starting to interfere with operations. I'm not sure what to do.