Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mail Merge Not Working

Copper Contributor

Re: Mail Merge Not Working

I think you may need to try both act and outlook as admin....
Copper Contributor

Thanks, I started now both as admin. I even closed Act again and resarted as admin to make sure that it is not an issue - WHO is first!

However nothing worked and in the moment the only "bad" solution is to run the ACT text editor. It means, it needs to be converted from word.

The other solution: TO WAIT and see, if the issue disappears :-( 

Astute Commentator

Trying as ADMIN is always something I try first. No change.

Copper Contributor

I have just discovered another point with this topic, which might helps to find a solution. 

ALL my documents which I tried to send via mail merge, has been stored in OUTLOOK in the register DRAFT (ENTWÜRFE). They are marked as NEW and I click on them and select SEND, they are gone and delivered. May this helps !?!?!

Nickel Elite Contributor

See my post (post #2) on the previous page. You are describing the EXACT result of the Outlook problem that can be solved by switching to the semi-annual channel for MS-Office
Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Astute Commentator

Please see my earlier post about the semi-annual channel. I think it's the third post.

Copper Contributor

I got the same impression as some other people writing on this post and similar onces. 

I MUST say, ACT support is not really a help! It looks to me, that this is an ongoing issue. Also the recommendation to use the semi-anual channel does NOT work. What I also can say, if you start ACT in the Admin mode, the mails will NOT get transfered into the DRAFT folder. So however, in the MOMENT there is NO SOLUTION - unless I use the ACT text editor. But this means, to convert all the previous created documents. :-( 

I would assume, that one of the main functions on a CRM system, is the possibility for customer communication. I don`t need the system to store the phone numbers!!!! 

I understand, that these topics are complex and also that`s may not easy to fix BUT I would EXPECT, that ACT SUPPORT takes care and comes up with some ideas. Also to refer it to MS Office - I think, it's not my job to fix issues between these companies.

BY THE WAY - ACT is charging a lot for the license fee!!!!

Nickel Elite Contributor

I just discovered this issue (mail merge not working) when I upgraded a customer from Act! Pro v19 to Act! Prem v22.1. VERY FRUSTRATING! Customer VERY UPSET!

I called Act! tech support and they said (as reported earlier in this post) to change the channel settings from Current to Semi-Annual AND to uninstall and reinstall Act!. I have yet to do this but will report back on what success I have.

Dan Pisano
ACT! Certified Consultant
The Dapian Group, LLC
Copper Contributor

If you reinstalled Office from the admin page for your account on the web, the default install is 64-bit versions of the programs. They are slick and they utilize memory much better, but Act! 22.1 update 4 doesn't play well with it. Click the other install options to install 32-bit versions and the Act! merge to word and outlook works.

Copper Contributor

I guess, this will not solve my issue. I'm running MS Office 365 and I use the 32-Bit version. :-(

I'm looking forward for any other suggestions!