Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mail Merge Not Working

Highlighted
Astute Commentator

Mail Merge Not Working

Act! Version 22.1.212.0, Update 4 - Outlook Microsoft 365

Without applying any ACT! or Outlook maintenance, mail merge has stopped working om two systems. There are no error messages. The "Merging Records" screen comes up and cycles through the correct number of records. Nothing is sent. No email is in the drafts or the sent folders. I recycled both ACT! and Outlook with no effect. Emailing a single contact using Email Message from Template does work fine.

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Mail Merge Not Working

The "protected area" of this community contains hints to this being a Microsoft Outlook problem with the so-called "current channel" setting. Setting Office to the semi-annual channel should resolve this.
Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Highlighted
Astute Commentator

I changed Outlook to the semi-annual update channel with no change in ACT! mail merge.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

I would try running an office repair as this sometimes fixes unexplained problems with the ACT integration.

Highlighted
Astute Commentator

I did that earlier. But since it's happening on two separate computers at the same time, I didn't think that would have any effect and it didn't. Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi,

I have discovered exactly the same issue. Unfortunately, I was not aware that no email has been sent :-( 

Is there a hint or solution?

thanks 

Mike

Highlighted
Astute Commentator

My problem went away after a few days. I did not update ACT! or Office. It mysteriously started working on both computers at the same time.

Highlighted

Thanks ....

so I let you know how LONG I have to wait !!!!
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Try running ACT as administrator.

Highlighted

I tried it with Admin. It didn't work, but at least now I'm getting an error message: "Error during initialization. Email was not send" (Translation german - english)