Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mail Merge Embedded Images using Word

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Mail Merge Embedded Images using Word

Hi hokufbr

The 'work around' suggested only works if you are sending to less than 10 recipients.  Otherwise the system crashes (yet ANOTHER problem with ACT!).  The only option is to use ACT e-marketing... which is costing me an extra £20 a month which was not budgeted for.  Or change to another CRM system of course.

Being cynical, there is no motivation for Swiftpage to fix this problem - they are making money out of it.  Perhaps that's why it is taking so long to fix.

And then there are the other issues with the calendar, synching with Outlook, etc.  As I@ve mentioned before, as a B2B Sales Consultancy this is why we are advising clients to avoid this software...

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

My two cents worth:

I had been a long time GoldMine user until 2011 ... switched to Act and had everything set how I needed to conduct my business. Then came Act 17.0 which had so many bugs that I needed an exterminator ... then incompatibility to Windows 10 ... then their solution 18.0 ...

The support of their product sucks ... and I had given up on syncing my ACT calendar with my Google Calendar (Only one way to Google, not down to ACT) .... It keeps erasing ACT calendar events ... and they have NO CLUE to fix it ... 

The mail merge issue is however the biggest one, and I agree they did it intentionally to force users to use their eMarketing programs ... which it will not happen from me ... If there was an alternative to this CRM, I would have switched in a heartbeat ... 

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Hi Gary,

We are experiencing this same problem with a customer using Act v19.2 Premium Update 6.  Microsoft Outlook 2013 15.0.4953.1001 32-bit.

Emails from template work perfectly when sent individually.  If you do a mail merge wizard to 3+ contacts, the images cannot be displayed in the received message.

This user is also experiencing the dreaded 'add-ins' tab not loading in Outlook either.  Perhaps they are related.

Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Act! Certified Consultants
......Stephen Boulden
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
P: 716.837.5727 x104
E: stephen@twelvethree.com
Highlighted
Administrator

Hi Stephen,

Unfortunately the known issue affecting embedded images is still ongoing. Please see the post here for more information.

As for the issue affecting the addins tab, I'd suggest checking out the following articles: