Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

MY ACT IS SLOW NEED HELP

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

MY ACT IS SLOW NEED HELP

Hi there

I am a user of "ACT! by Sage Premium for Web 2007 (9.0) (ST Edidtion) Version 9.0.1.162"

and i have about 7 web users configured and the h/w that i am using is 2.8 GHz and 1GB Ram. So any idea why is my act not working fast. It is very slow. Please suggest me what are the changes are needed to be done.

Thanks  

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author mujahed_khan
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: MY ACT IS SLOW NEED HELP

The ADF is just 190 MB. Would you still advise increasing the RAM and a new 10K RPM hdd? We have no other app running on that server other than ACT!.

FYI, the HDD is SATA 7200 RPM and we have Windows XP Media Center Edition SP2 running.

Thanks,

Mujahed Khan 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

How big is the database size (ADF)?

The ST version only has advantage over EX if the server has more than 2GB processor, more than 1 processor or if you need a database of over 4GB. Otherwise, it's the same as EX.

For 7 users on a WEB server, I'd go with at least 2GB of RAM and a 10K RPM hard drive

Solution
Accepted by topic author mujahed_khan
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

The ADF is just 190 MB. Would you still advise increasing the RAM and a new 10K RPM hdd? We have no other app running on that server other than ACT!.

FYI, the HDD is SATA 7200 RPM and we have Windows XP Media Center Edition SP2 running.

Thanks,

Mujahed Khan 

Platinum Elite Contributor

You could have saved money by getting the EX version instead of ST... but too late for that now :-( 

I would definately advise increasing the RAM to 2GB (3GB if possible)

Also, increase the Swap File to 2GB Min or twice the amount of RAM after you increase it - do a defrag first

A 10K RPM drive would also increase the speed, but try the other steps first.

Also, XP Media isn't the best solution for a Web server...  while it can theoreticall support 9 users, I prefer to go to Windows 2003 Server for 6+