Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

MS Outlook 2007 Integration Error with APFW

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

MS Outlook 2007 Integration Error with APFW

Premise:  Windows XP Professional OS, 32-Bit, MS Outlook 2007, Client Machine [not server running ACT! Premium for Web

Upon logging into our company database and downloading the Outlook software to my client machine, upon installation, MS Outlook throws me an error which states:

The ACT! Premium for Web service can not be reached at this time.  The database may be locked or the network connection may be down.  Please try again later.

I have read other postings which indicate this issue is usually associated with a 64-Bit Vista machine.  This is not my scenario.

Things I have verified:

1.  The Web Service Address is correct when I download the Outlook Integration software.

2.  I am able to reach the database from my client machine through the internet.

I am just unable to connect to the database through the Outlook Integration and "Add Address Book" GUI.

I would appreciate any insight others might have on this issue.

Thank you so much.

Vision Specialties

John

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author vspecialties
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: MS Outlook 2007 Integration Error with APFW

Hi John,

If you create a new database, are you able to connect via Outlook to the newly created database?

Unfortunately, there are many different items that can attribute to the message that you are encountering.  To get you going as quickly as possible, I am recommending that you contact support for further investigation on this item.

Here is the contact information:

http://www.act.com/company/contactus/

Sorry I didn't have a quick fix for you on this item.

thanks

Matthew McFadden

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Elite Contributor

John,

So you ACT! Premium for Web website is up and running, and from your client XP machine, you are able to log into ACT! ?

The issue is that you can access ACT! Premium for Web via the Web Client, but attempting to implement the Outlook components and access the website returns this error?

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Tuned Listener

Matthew,

That is correct.  ACT! Premium for Web can be accessed from the client XP machine.

Implementing the Outlook components returns the error reflected in the afformentioned email.

Users are able to access, use, update, etc. from the client XP machines.  We just cannot implement the Outlook integration.

Thanks,

John

Tuned Listener

Matthew,

I have noted something possibly suspicious.  My Windows Server 2008 has ACT! Premium for Web installed with the latest updates that I am able to access:  When checking the Version in the "About" section of the software it refers to the following version:

Version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 3

Interestingly however, when a client machine logs in to the ACT! Premium for Web web address, the following version is displayed on the screen:

Version 11.1.196.0

Could there be some kind of inconsistency with version or version numbers that would cause me issues?

Thanks,

John

Solution
Accepted by topic author vspecialties
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Hi John,

If you create a new database, are you able to connect via Outlook to the newly created database?

Unfortunately, there are many different items that can attribute to the message that you are encountering.  To get you going as quickly as possible, I am recommending that you contact support for further investigation on this item.

Here is the contact information:

http://www.act.com/company/contactus/

Sorry I didn't have a quick fix for you on this item.

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Tuned Listener

Creating a brand new database did the trick.  Unfortunately, this was the only way around the problem that I was able to find.  But at least I am on the right track now.

Thanks for everyones help in this matter.

John

Vision SpecialtiesSmiley Happy