Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

MS Office 2003 speed vs. MS Office 2007 speed

Copper Elite Contributor

MS Office 2003 speed vs. MS Office 2007 speed

Has anyone found that the speed of merging with MS 2003 docs is much faster than MS Office 2007?  I have some large templates I built. They used to run fine and print to the scree fast when I had ACT 6.0 and MS Word 2000.  Ever since I went to 2008 and MS Office 2007, it takes over 5 minutes for some of them to merge. Today, I installed ACT 2008 on a new sales rep. My rep had MS Office 2003.  I template I have that takes over 5 minutes to mail merge to under a minute to merge on his system.  Unless someone knows how to speed up the mail merge with MS 2007, I am going to down grade to MS Office 2003. Any thoughts?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: MS Office 2003 speed vs. MS Office 2007 speed

We have not noticed that there is a speed difference in using ACT with Office 2007 vs. 2003.  The issue may be your security settings in Word or machine-specific.  Check your computer's CPU usage from the Task Manager while the merge is happening and see if anything is using a lot of CPU or if your CPU is really high.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.