Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

MAJOR BUG - Cannot attach files to ACT emails after latest hotfix

Highlighted

Re: MAJOR BUG - Cannot attach files to ACT emails after latest hotfix

I have heard nothing. I am assuming that the SP1 hotfix 2 update SP1 Hotfix 2 doesn't address the issue? I am scared to install any more updates in case other features stop working!

Adam Wilson
TCA High Power Testing Lab
Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Adam,
This issue should be corrected in the next hot fix. I do not have an exact release date, but it should be in the next few weeks.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Highlighted

Hi Greg,

Like Adam, I am also waiting for this fix.  I have exactly the same situation and have been using Act for over 15 yrs and now am paralyzed!  I have completley lost faith.  I should have never updated my software and will hesitate to do it again.  I realize not many people use Lotus, but unfortunately my large $12B US employer does...

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Sage is so lax on this problem  i dont  have lotus and have a very simple setup  XP using internet mail   maybe when the cows come home will they decide  that this is important

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

buckdawg,
The cause for this issue has been identified and will be corrected in the next hot fix. This hot fix will be released later this month.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Highlighted

Any updates on this problem being fixed

Adam Wilson
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

why hasnt this  fix been done yet??

Highlighted
Platinum Super Contributor

This issue has been resolved and is included in the current Hotfix for 2011 SP1.  Here is a link to the an article which contains information for downloading and applying the current Hotfix: KB Article 27440

Detect language » Hungarian
Greg Martin
Sage
Highlighted

Great news, I will get our IT gurus out here to apply the patch to all our PCs and let you know how I go.

Adam Wilson
Highlighted

Greg,

I have installed the latest hotfix (current Hotfix for 2011 SP1) and although I can now make attachments to my emails, I am not able to right-click and add an email to sender.  I have to first open up the email then select attach to contact.

Afew more questions:

The outgoing email will not attach to the contact ( as an attachment) despite my setting it to do so. 

The calender funtionality can not be moved off of the yr 2029.  I can manipulate the min-calender date but not the main calender.  Any ideas?

Regards,

Ole