Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

MAJOR BUG - Cannot attach files to ACT emails after latest hotfix

MAJOR BUG - Cannot attach files to ACT emails after latest hotfix

[ Edited ]

Our IT guys have just installed the latest Hotfix for ACT 2011 Premium to bring the release up to:

Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hotfix 1    English (Australia)

Using Lotus Notes V7.0.2 as a client, we can now longer send an email via ACT with an attachment after applying this patch. The ATTACH FILE icon on the toolbars is ghosted out. The problem is on multiple computers here. The previous version worked fine.

This cripples us here so much with our everyday emailing that I am ready to demand my money back for the 11 licenses we recently purchased. When I rang up to ask for a fix, I was told that I would have to pay for this to be investigated....not good enough SAGE! Surely sending an email with an attachment is a basic ask for this software?

Can anyone recommend replacement CRM software that supports Lotus Notes better?

Adam Wilson
TCA High Power Testing Lab
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: MAJOR BUG - Cannot attach files to ACT emails after latest hotfix

[ Edited ]

Hello atw-work,
This is a reported issue with the ACT! SP1 update. The issue is currently under investigation and hopefully will be resolved with the next update. When more information is available regarding a solution or workaround for this issue, an update will posted. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

No offence to you Greig, but it really seems QA for SP1 was way off the mark

IT GETS WORSE!! As well as not being able to send emails with attachments, if we send the email in Lotus Notes, we also now cannot attach the email to a contact's history. The four ATTACH options in the ACT email screen when you right mouse click are all ghosted out.

Can I roll back to the version before the hotfix or has the database structure been changed with the Hotfix patch application?

My staff are yelling at me. Not happy!

Adam Wilson

To further add to the problems we are having with the new version:

When viewing Lotus Notes emails in ACT and you click on a column heading to sort by that column, only the emails shown in the window on screen are sorted. As soon as you scroll up or down, the rest of the emails are not sorted.

Adam Wilson
Tuned Listener

any inconvenience  and the next update???????/   This is major   what system does not allow you to attch files to an email

Copper Super Contributor

The only work around I found - while in Act open View Email.   Find your email and drag it to the contact's history tab. 

Leslie Munson
ACT! Certified Consultant
Swiftpage Gold Drip Marketing Certified Consultant
Patricia Egen Consulting,LLC
Leslie@egenconsulting.com
www.egenconsulting.com
423-875-2652

We anticipate this will be fixed in the next hot fix. Please note that this only affects message sent through the ACT! Email client, not Outlook.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Any idea when we can expect the next hot fix?
Adam Wilson