Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lost the email setup

Copper Contributor

Lost the email setup

Hi,

I am now afraid to use the email in ACT !. I try the internet mail, did the setup, everything working for couple of days without problems. Suddendly, when I click the email, ACT said that there is no setup email and I have to do it again... and of course lost the emails.

So I try to setup Outlook 2003 instead of internet mail... when I close ACT after that, it's like ACT is freezing for about 25 sec and finally close. When I open ACT again, internet mail is back as default...

I use the update for Outlook that I found in the knowledge base but no difference.

Any idea ?

Thx,

Seb

Tuned Listener

Re: Lost the email setup

When we were using ACT v9 premium with internet mail it crashed on a semi irregular basis and lost the preference file and all of the e-mail folders in internet mail in the process.  An hour on the phone with tech support will get everything back.  But we never found a fix.

We ended up switching to Outlook.  It still crashes ocasionaly but it does not loose the preference file or the e-mail folders in the process.

We are now on v10 which is much better than v9 but still buggy.
SF
Copper Contributor

aaarrg !  That's exactly what I was afraid of... a problem with no apparently solution.

thx for sharing your experience.
Platinum Elite Contributor

I have had the same problem.  I have been using Act as my email client, and then all of a sudden it acts like I don't have email setup and I have lost all of the emails and folders.  This has happened twice and I have lost all on my email from the last two months. I am using version ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.0.237, Hotfix 1.  How can I recover my lost emails?

Platinum Elite Contributor

donate2educate wrote:

I have had the same problem.  I have been using Act as my email client, and then all of a sudden it acts like I don't have email setup and I have lost all of the emails and folders.  This has happened twice and I have lost all on my email from the last two months. I am using version ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.0.237, Hotfix 1.  How can I recover my lost emails?

You should contact tech support who have a tool to recover the email database.

You should also update to 10.01 or 10.02 as soon as possible.