Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lost information

Lost information

There are 3 of us working in the ACT! database.  We keep loosing information in the "Last Results" field and on the calendar.   We've tried hitting the save button after we change/add anything but that's not working.  Sometimes if we close out and go back in, we can see someone else's changes to a record.  Sometimes the record changes disappear completely.  This is alswo happening with calendar items.  Any suggestions?

Angela

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Lost information

Is the data in the ACT! history?
Are you sharing the same database?
You shouldn't need to tell it to save, but other users may need to Ctrl-F5 to refresh to see information you've changed

No, the data is not showing up in history.
We are sharing the same database.
I'll let everyone know to Ctrl-F5 to refresh. 
Does it hurt anything to save several times a day?
Why are calendar items and notes disappearing?

Saving does nothing as it should save when ever you change to another screen within ACT!

Can you check that Last Results is set to generate History?

Are you sure the items are there before?

Yes, I'm sure the information was there.
Can you remind me of how to generate a history note when a field changes?

Do I need to do this for each computer?  It's now saving the history on mine but not the other two.  I had them close out of ACT while I made the update and then test after the update.  The other two computers are not saving updates to the history.

Not if they are using the same database.

The other users shouldn't need to close ACT!... just to press Ctrl-F5 after the change to refresh the data if looking at the same contact

When I went to Tools and Define Fields, it wouldn't let me make any changes until they were logged off.
They logged off and I selected "Last Results" and Add to History when this field changes was already selected.  I continued thru the process to complete.
I tested it on my computer.  Went to a record and add info to the Last Results field.  Then I checked history and the new info was there.
Then I went to the other two computers and changed something in the last results field, hit control F5, checked the history was there.

Do I need to do the Tools - Defined Fields thing on each machine? 

No - Define Fields is database specific.

So, on all the machines, changing Last Results created a History record?

If so, you'll know if it disappears... and be able to look in the history to see who wiped it (or on what machine)