Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lost History Functionality & No Activity Clearing Options for 2011 Pro

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Lost History Functionality & No Activity Clearing Options for 2011 Pro

[ Edited ]

When verifying a newly created db, I noticed three problems I cannot find any solutions for. Please help.

First, when attempting to view histories under either contact, company or opportunity, I cannot select 'ALL' in the dropdown menu and there are no options to select from within the dropdown. (see attached PDF file for graphics).

Second, when I attempt to create a manual history, I get two sequential error messages (see attached PDF file for graphics), but no option to add a history.

Third, when attempting to clear a completed activity, there are no values to choose from within the ’clear’ activity dropdown – it’s empty and I haven’t got a clue as to how to find the lost values or how to recreate them (see attached PDF file for graphics).

I look forward to any help that can be provided!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author No Satisfaction
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Lost History Functionality & No Activity Clearing Options for 2011 Pro

Greg,

The data repair resolved all issues. No data was lost and I'm 100% again.

Thanks for the support!!!

Karl

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello,
If you go to Help > About ACT!, what version do you have? I have seen this with some users who had not yet updated to Service Pack 1. If you have not applied SP1, your version will be 13.0.401.0. If you have, it will be 13.1.111.0. You may also be able to resolve this by rebuilding your database schema using ACT! Diagnostics:

• Close ACT!
  • From your Windows Start button, launch the utility from either a "Run" prompt (Windows XP) or by using the "Start Search" box above the Start button (Windows Vista® and Windows 7). Type: actdiag
  • The ACT! Diagnostics Disclaimer window appears. Click OK.
  • Click Databases, then Database List. Find your database on the list, then click to the left of it to highlight it.
  • Right-click on your database and select Database Rebuild > Rebuild Schema
  • When complete, close ACT! Diagnostics and re-open ACT!

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

My currently installed ACT version is: Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2. As far as the 'actdiag' actions, I've done all of that already and I should have mentioned it in my original post. Under 'actdiag' this problem db's version is listed as: 13.00.0396.0000

That said, when attempting to upgrade to SP1 HF3 or HF4, another set of problems occurs, but only with this particular db and only with the db conversion process. You can refer to my post from yesterday named: "user error 50000 message when upgrading 2011Pro to 2011SP1Pro." Once installed, the db will not convert this db in which I have the three issues discussed in this post, but has converted my other three successfully. I have since deinstalled/reinstalled back to the 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2 version.

It is my hope that if I fix these three issues, I will be able to finally upgrade to to HF4.

Karl

Platinum Super Contributor

Answer copied from error 50000 post:

The reason for the error:

The update to 2011 SP1 is attempting to insert a new default field called 'Territory', your database already contains a Company field named 'Territory'. 

To resolve this issue:

In ACT! 2011 13.0, rename the Territory field to a new name (ex: Area or Territory1).  You will then be able to update to SP1 and convert the database.

Note: Always make a backup (File > Backup > Database) of your database before making changes to fields.

Greg Martin
Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author No Satisfaction
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Greg,

The data repair resolved all issues. No data was lost and I'm 100% again.

Thanks for the support!!!

Karl

Platinum Super Contributor

Very glad to hear that! 

And Thank You for reporting back your results!

Greg Martin
Sage