Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Loss of some colours

Loss of some colours

On a new install of ACT 2010 we have a problem showing some of the colours, such as our background colour to Contact Layout (Alice Blue) and the grey area that the history is in in History Tab. It seems to only be the pale colours that are missing.

Any ideas, screen contrast does not sort it, what could it be????? And the no other programs have this problem.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Loss of some colours

See if ACT! is set to 'Run in 256 colors'.  To do this: right click on ACT! icon > select Properties > select Compatibility tab.

If enabled, un-check it and click OK to apply and close.  Then launch ACT! to test.

Greg Martin
Sage

thanks Greg, this was all OK, I have actually changed monitor now as last ditch attempt and it has sorted it, ODD.

I'm far more worried about the ACT 2010 Office 2010 integration thing that seems to be such a huge issue. The Designr1 pack seems to work well, but I cannot get the ACT address book to work in Outlook 2010, it keeps coming up with ACT Address Book service is not configured, or database locked, when I open outlook. I can add the address book in ACT through preferences, but when trying to add it in Outlook I keep getting a cannot connect to Database locked message. Also in office 2010 i cannot get the Add-ins menu visable to see if the Quick Attach options are there.

Any ideas?

Bronze Super Contributor

You probably ought to talk to the guys over at DesignR1 on that...

Keep in mind they have another Outlook solution that might work instead...

Thanks

It seems weird to me, I have tried their Outlook Integrater pack as well, and cannot connect to the database when setting this up, keep getting user name and password error.

I don't think it is their software issue, as I also found yesterday another thing that may be linked...

I tried to change the password on my account, and whatever I put in I kept getting "The complexity of the password does not meet the database password policy." when all the settings are at 0 which should allow anything to be entered.But I can edit and change all the other user accounts passwords, and can change my own from another PC???

IS this an SQL issue that is causing access problems?