04-08-2010 01:04 PM
Have you verified that these contacts are not being manually deleted? Or possibly they are being changed to Private or Limited Access? It is highly unusual for contacts to "disappear" unless they are being manually edited or removed, or possbily have corruption in your database.
A way you can verify the actual number of contacts in your database is through a report in ACT! Diagnostics:
- From the desktop of the server hosting the database, go to Start/Run then type in actdiag
- When ACT! Diagnostics opens, click Databases, then Database List
- Locate the main database and highlight it
- Right-click on it and choose Database Structure, then Table Recordcounts Reports
- Near the top of this report you will see the total number of contact records, broken down by access and type
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.