Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Lookup on Edit Date with "Today" results show previous day.

JM
Nickel Contributor

Re: Lookup on Edit Date with "Today" results show previous day.

[ Edited ]

Gary,

After running several tests it seems in Pacific Time zone after 4:59PM any changes to an ACT record even though show correct date the Lookup on Edit Date field with value "TODAY" there is no result because if you search on the next day the TODAY will work.

When I changed Region to Bogata and the clock is set at 6:59PM result was found but after 7PM not.

If I changed to 24 Hr format did not help.

I attached windows PNG screen capture of all the Windows 10 clock and region settings.

JM

Administrator

Hi JM,
Thanks for the detailed reproduction steps.
We were able to reproduce the issue in our test environment by following these steps.

The issue has been logged as defect D-04583.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JM
‎02-15-2017 01:48 PM
JM
Nickel Contributor

Gary W,

I just confirmed D-04583 in V19 Update 4 that a Lookup on Edit Date by "Today" with times after 5PM is now working.

https://www.act.com/resources/downloads/act!-premium-v19-downloads
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38232
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38451

Thank you,

JM

JM
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gary,

Can you check again I updated to V19.1.630 Prem and no longer working lookup by TODAY.  This time I can not even find record after changing Times and even time format in long or short.  Seems like total not working? Unless I type in the date 3/3/17

JM

Bronze Super Contributor

It does look like everyone having this problem again is using date format M/D/YYYY

Can you try changing to MM/DD/YYY and rebooting to see if it still has a problem.

If it does can you then change to DD/MM/YYYY (I know this is not correct for US & Canada but will help with testing.) reboot and test again.

Thanks

JM
Nickel Contributor

ch1p,

It took time by even reboot WIN 10 every time a changed the formate of time. Really only need to close and reopen ACT.

I tried all the Region - Short time formats "MM/dd/yyyy. ect....

I tried all the UTC regions, and even tried changing multiple times form 1am -PM.

Only Way Lookup on Date only field by "TODAY" that worked is if Today is the 3/18/2017 I need to change the ACT field date to 3/19/2017.

It seems this time the problem is worse then when I first reported it a while back and then ACT made the fix.

UTC-800 Pacific       PC Time 5PM          PC Date 3/18/17        ACT field dated 3/19/2017  Lookup by Today worked

UTC-800 Pacific       PC Time 5AM          PC Date 3/18/17        ACT field dated 3/19/2017  Lookup by Today worked

UTC-800 Pacific       PC Time 5AM          PC Date 3/18/17        ACT field dated 3/18/2017  Did not find record

UTC-800 Pacific       PC Time 3PM          PC Date 3/18/17        ACT field dated 3/18/2017  Did not find record

ect..

datesettings.jpg

JM

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Many thanks for doing what was requested and your details response. The reason for a requested reboot was to see if registry settings or preference were an issue.

I have tried to reproduce but all working normally on the 3 test machines I have tried on.

I hope someone from Swiftpage will agree to remote to take a look as this seems the only way forward unless they can replicate the problem.

Over to Gary

Administrator

Hi JM,

Thanks for doing this testing and posting your results. I requested some further testing in this area, and we've observed the following:

• The issue only affects some time zones
  • The issue only affects custom fields
  • The issue only affects pure date fields (not date/time)
  • System fields are unaffected due to them being a special kind of date/time field that only displays the date in the UI

Now that we have identified this issue, it has been logged as defect D-05665.

As a workaround, I'd suggest using date/time fields instead of date fields.

JM
Nickel Contributor

Thanks Gary for digging deeper.

If you can let us know like last time when it's fixed that would be most impressive.  A good way to reward the community putting in the time to trouble shoot by having ACT! group tracking Ticket#'s to post when fixed, or have to be a permanent work around.

I restored an old backup to confirm lookup by TODAY on Edit Date (System field) worked. As for my custom Date-field type called StageDate a lookup did not work in finding records.  Than I converted field to Date/Time type which Lookup did work. I even worked when I changed Windows times testing the range 12AM-1159PM.  When I changed Win Date to Mar 21st, as it should, lookup did not find record.

Thx

JM