Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lookup issue since upgrading to Sage ACT 2013

Lookup issue since upgrading to Sage ACT 2013

Hi,

Our system has just been upraded from 2011 to 2013 and since upgrading we have had issues with the lookup function for companies.

The default field when doing a lookup is "Trading Name". When we search for a business for example "ABC" it returns "No Records were found that match the specified criteria". There is the then to the option to lookup again or do keyword search. When I select lookup again the default field is another field from the database. When I manually select the field "Trading Name" and seach ABC it then shows up.

This is quite frustrating for the users having to go through so many steps. I have also noticed the problem can only be repeated when using the web client. When logging in locally , doing lookup and searching trading name right from the main menu it works straight away.

Not sure wether that helps with a identifying the problem.

Anyway if anyone could help me or direct me to who might that would be highly appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Will

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Lookup issue since upgrading to Sage ACT 2013

Hi, Verify that the text in the searched field does not contain an initial space or ASCII symbol. For example, if you are searching on the Company field, place the cursor in the Company field and press the Home key. Press the Right Arrow key once. The cursor should be between the first and second characters of the Company name.