ACT! 2010 Premium + Service Pack 1 + Hot Fix 3:

Steps:

Lookup, By Example, type some value into some field

Expected Result: Lookup returns matching records

Actual Result: No Contacts Found

Steps to troubleshoot:

Do another Lookup, By Example, type some value into some field,

Click "Advanced Query" button in lower left

Notice that Advanced Query has also added EVERY Yes/No field in the database, some checking for a value or True, others checking for a value of False.

Hitting the Clear button doesn't resolve this, other than to clear out EVERY condition

Signature
Employee

Re: Lookup by Example not working

This should only occur on certain layouts. There is a documented issue involving this, it used to have to do with there being a decimal field on the layout but based on some testing I think it may occur with other field types where some data is expected and the search fails as a result.

I'll resubmit the ticket.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Bronze Contributor

Thanks Matthew - I saw the one about decimal fields with decimal places, but I dismissed it because it seemed like it was fixed in HF1 or 2 or 3 - I will try flipping layouts and re-test, and then look for required fields etc.

All help is appreciated - it's an upgrade from ACT!2006 and he's a little disappointed - I'm also fighting problems with Word integration and and old Dymo label writer that they never mentioned - it seems like the old dlls still work though if we drop them into the Plugins folder.

Signature
Employee

My first thought would be required fields, but that's just a guess.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator