Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lookup by Example ACT! 2011 Web

Lookup by Example ACT! 2011 Web

We're working on potentially making the transition to the web version of ACT! Premium, and have a demo version installed on a server for testing.

In testing, one of our sales people noticed that there is no way to "Lookup by Example" in the web interface.  Has it's location changed in the Web interface, or is that fucntionality even there at all?  They use it very extensively, and it would seem odd that it wouldn't be available, since most everything else is.

Any ideas?

Silver Contributor

Re: Lookup by Example ACT! 2011 Web

Sorry, there is not Lookup By example in the web version. Also, no right mouse click, import, design layouts, you can not create an activity series.  There are several more differences I've probably forgotten.

If you need more of the desktop functionality consider a terminal server or citrix deployment.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Unfortunately, we are in a Terminal Server environment as it is.  The unresolved GDI+ and out of memory errors are driving some people insane.  It seems like they have been working on fixing those issues for some time now.

Thanks for your reply.

Nickel Contributor

I have a fix (workaround) for the GDI error, if you want to email me actcommunity@rosevear.info, I can email this back to you. Very rudimentary, it simply kills the dialog box if it appears, works though.
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand