Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lookup and search on keywords in ACT and creating groups in ACT

Lookup and search on keywords in ACT and creating groups in ACT

I did a lookup and then search on keywords in ACT.  How can I save and export the search results in Excel or CSV format including all fields?  Ideally, I'd like to do this for multiple search terms simultaneously (e.g. realtor, realty, real) whereby the search results are deduped by email address between the three.  I did this search for keyword 'realtor' and am not sure how I could export the results in Excel or CSV format. 

Also, how could I create a group in ACT for instance under realtors which would include all records that come up on a keyword search for realtor, realty, or real?
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Lookup and search on keywords in ACT and creating groups in ACT

If you chose to just search TYPE Contacts with your keyword search you will get the option to create a lookup after the search has completed.

If you then create a Group you can add the Lookup to that Group.

I did a lookup for realtor under search by keywords and got 2180 items found.  I created a group called realtors for these to go into.  How do I get them in there?  Also if I want to do additional searches on realty and real do I need to do them separately?  If so, could the same record go into the group multiple times if it came up among the search results for realtor and realty?  I'd like to avoid duplication in the search results. 

Bronze Elite Contributor

NB You will only get the option to save a a lookup if you select contact etc from the TYPE menu when doing your search.

Here is a link about managing contracts and groups

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12864/~/how-to-create,-manage,-and-add-contacts-to-groups-...!

Hi there, once you have performed your keyword search under the type of Contacts as previously mentioned, you will get the option to create lookup giving you a list of all the contacts that matched.

Next, click the "Tag All" button at the top of the list which will highlight all the contacts.

Finally, right click on the list and choose the option to add to a group.

Repeat this process for each search you perform, making sure to add them to the same group. A contact can only appear in a group once, so you will avoid any duplicate entries into that group.

Once you are finished, you can open up the group in the groups section, right click the list of contacts and choose create lookup. This will then show you all the contacts in your group in the list view.

Finally this can be exported to Excel by going to the Tools menu and choosing "Export to Excel". Please note this will only export the columns you are currently displaying, if you wish to export other columns then you will need to customise your columns in the options menu in the top right corner).

I hope this helps!