Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lookup By Example

Champion Listener

Lookup By Example

[ Edited ]

When doing a lookup by example in ACT! 2010, can we no longer use edit date?  It seems that it is greyed out in multiple databases that I have tried.  I know we were able to do this in previous versions.  We need this fixed!Smiley Mad

Scott Frey

ContacTech

Message Edited by contactech on 12-09-2009 11:36 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Lookup By Example

Hello Scott,

Thank you for participating in the ACT! Community. I have duplicated the issue you described and have reported it as an issue for further research. This seems to be the case with any of the uneditable system fields (Last Edit Date, Last Edited By, Last Reach, etc.) or any field where the field-level security is set to Read-Only or No Access. This was not the case in prior versions. An update will be provided of the status changes or if an alternative work-around to this issue is identified. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Champion Listener

I haven't tested this, but did this get fixed in 12.1?  Can we search on system dates when using the lookup by example?

Scott Frey

ContacTech

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Scott,

This issue does not appeared to have been addressed in SP1. Until there is additonal information regarding a solution, you can work around this by using Lookup/Other Fields to query on those fields. You can also right-click on the field from the contact detail view and choose Lookup (field name). In addition, you can include the system fields in an Advanced Query.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.