Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Looking to buy 2 or 3 licenses for premium v18

Highlighted

Looking to buy 2 or 3 licenses for premium v18

Surely there are stores or folks out there with unused v18 licenses?  I would like to buy 2 or 3 to upgrade from our v14 premium.  Please message me if you have some available to help me out!  I could also go newer if 2-3 were available to help me out.  Thank you!

Highlighted

Re: Looking to buy 2 or 3 licenses for premium v18

Anyone?

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Licences are not transferable and since ACT v18 at issue used the old licence system you would still need ACT (Swiftpage) to issue the new format licence ones to get the software to work.

Any reason other than cost you don't want to go to latest version?

Highlighted

Thanks for reply.  v18 with sp2 & update 7 uses swiftpage licensing instead of old Protex so that is not an issue - as long as it is like new old stock box that has not had its license ever registered so is still valid.  THAT is what I am looking for.

Reason?  I am too old school and totally refuse on principle to pay a yearly extortion fee for my software.  They either sell me use of the program for a one time fee or they do not get my business.  

Normally it is the vendor's loss, not mine as there are plenty of other vendors willing to still sell their product ethically.  In this case I have moved my Act data to other platforms but am still struggling with exporting my history and notes.  I am getting close and WILL eventually succeed, but I certainly would prefer to pay my fee for a good program and continue using Act.    But it is looking like swiftpage did not sell distributors 50 boxes but rather sold them one at a time as THEY sold them to customers;  hence, no left over NOS boxes with unused licenses.  

Again, thank you for your reply!

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Is premium essential to you?

You might still be able to find a Pro version with perpetual licence out there although now discontinued.

Highlighted

Ch1p,  thanks for reply.  I just used premium in the past;  I have seen others suggest pro can do multi users also but I cannot find any details to PROVE it is so.

And I can find nothing on how Pro "is much harder to sync remote databases."  Just that it is.  I have no clue what that means?  I use intranet synch with v16 premium today:  I teamview into the mnain server and can then remote sync as if I am on the local network there.  I have no clue how Pro handles this and the write ups I have seen scare me that I cannot sync anymore.

If not a big deal, heck yes, I have seen pro licenses out there and since they are swift not protex I assume they will work some time into the future.

tHANKS FOR YOUR REPLY!    Any idea about synching with pro?

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Syncing with Pro is only via Application Sync .... That means that Act! on the server you sync to has to be open and logged in. It doesn't have a service.

BTW: Do you use a subscription for MS Office or did you buy it outright?
Highlighted

I replied once but it seems to be deleted...   NO I do not subscribe to office!!  We use Open Office instead.

Perhaps a simpler reply like this will not be deleted?

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

As long as you're ok with having Act! open and logged in on the Publisher server, then Pro might be enough for you.

I can possibly help with a small number of v22 Pro left.
If that helps, drop me a message via https://www.glcomputing.com.au/contact