Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Look up stopped working

Look up stopped working

[ Edited ]

When I try to do a lookup it won't respond.  I am running Windows 7, Sage Act Premium 2011

I put my curser on: lookup then anyof the drop downs and nothing happens

It worked fine yesterday. 

thanks

Lisa

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Look up stopped working

Try restarting the computer.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I tried that its too simple , nothing happens still

Hello Lisa,
This may be an issue with the menu. Try going to Tools > Customize > Reset Menus and Toolbars.

Another possible reason is your monitors DPI setting. A setting higher than normal (96 DPI) can cause issues with the ACT! interface. Please see this Knowledgebase article for more information:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2634...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I have tried both solutions, and neither works.  It is very odd and hard to work having lost such a valuable part of ACT.

Paying support 99$ to fix this irks me as well.

Greg, I am very frustrated now.   I have rebult the preferences file, according to the How to back up and restore your act Email database,  and manually rebuilding preferences.  It hasn't fixed the problem. 

CAN YOU HELP,  ?

thanks

Lisa

Lmansback@juno.com

Copper Contributor

Is a repair install possible??

If this is only one user, and the repair install did not work, how about backing everything up and reinstalling?  (I know this is the "nuclear" option, but how long can you be down?)

Is the Lookup menu the only one not working? Also, if you right-click on any field and choose the "Lookup (field name)" option, does this work?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

[ Edited ]

xd40c,
Unfortunately, a repair install is not possible. You will need to uninstall, reboot, then reinstall.

Greig Hollister

The only one not working is Look up,  none of the drop downs associated with this open.

very strange,  I won't reinstall as It takes too much to resychronize my laptop to it then.

too bad these funny hiccups happen with act.