Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Long Notes/History Reports

Long Notes/History Reports

We're using a centralized install of ACT! Premium 2012 and our Notes/History report is incredibly long. Our data is being synchronized with using the Google Apps sync in ACT!. Most of the data coming into the Notes/History report is 1.5 spaced. The line spacing means our reports take up a huge amount of space - especially when signatures, etc are included.

Is there any way to edit the report and change the line spacing itself? I know how to edit the report but I'm unsure of where the line spacing might be set on these fields... Also, is there any way to strip signatures and compliance footers out from e-mails?

I have already seen posts indicating Notes/History reports can be trimmed using a lookup to prevent empty pages - that is not what I am trying to achieve. Rather, I'm interested in the line spacing on the actual notes/history items themselves.

Any feedback/input would be greatly appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Long Notes/History Reports

Any given field displays what is in the field in the database and generally speaking there's no control over the field data in the report. The line spacing and the signature block are part of the field data and can't be modified by the report.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Long Notes/History Reports

Additional info:
The line spacing for a new Note/History item is 'single' by default, the method of entry for a Note/History will determine the spacing - which will carry over to the report.
For example:
- Copy/paste from a Word document (with 1.5 spacing) into a Note/History will cause the item to have the 1.5 spacing.
- If the Google emails are set to spacing 1.5, when added to the ACT! database the History items will also contain 1.5 spacing.
- Manually entering text into a Note/History will contain 'single' spacing.
Greg Martin
Sage