Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Login Failed For ActAdmin Error

Login Failed For ActAdmin Error

[ Edited ]
I have a Windows 2003 SP2 Server With Act 2008 Premium that has hosted multiple Act databases for over a year.  Today, my users started experiencing an error indicating the "Act Database Cannot be accessed.  Check your network connection or firewall".

The event application log is filling with an error of Login Failed For User 'ACTADMIN'.  I think this is the root of the problem.  I've since uninstalled Act and SQL Server and reinstalled.  As soon as I got the server back up these error messages continued populating the event log again.

I've seen a few references to this type of problem, one here, posted today, another one that said Act support ran a special file and fixed it, and one in the Act Knowledgebase.  The Act Knowledgebase indicates that there is a Data Execution Prevention problem but I've applied the recommended setting and this issue is still occurring.  Any help is appreciated.

Ryan

Message Edited by smithry3 on 04-01-2008 09:35 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Login Failed For ActAdmin Error

Did you try the DEP change on both Server and workstations from this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/2y863b

Does it happen for all users?
Does it happen for all databases?
Does it happen on the server?

Yes I tried that knowledgebase article's solution on the server and on one workstation.  This was occuring on the server, that has 3 different act databases.  Some users would be in the database and seeming to work fine, others couldn't login at all.  The problem is not occuring now.  That evening, I detached the databases, uninstalled sql and act and reinstalled and reattached the database and the problem hasn't returned.  I'm still concerned about it though because the invalid authentication attempts we coming from many different client computers and I still don't know what caused it.

Ryan
Platinum Elite Contributor