Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Accepted Solution Solved
gkl
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
I am facing an issue with windows administrator Account and security rights. Let me explain this further:

I have installed Act and have 2 licenses for 2 users of Act. I can normally log into Act with both user if I log into windows as an Administrator! The issue is that I want the second Act user that I just registered to log into windows as a simple user and not with Admin rights that is why I created a new windows user(lets call him User1) account without admin rights.

Login into windows as a simple user- User1 and trying to open Act Database is causing a Not responding error on Act. It has probably something to do with User1 accessing act files? Can you guide me through on which Act files security settings need to be updated and give full control to User1(windows non-administrative user)? I have already given full control to User1  for .pad and .alf file of my database and Act file inside program files. Do both windows account need to be administrators to use Act?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author gkl
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Log into Act with windows non administrative Account

All Replies
Copper Contributor

Hello,

So if you make User1 an administrator, is he able to access and login to the Act Database?

gkl
Copper Contributor

Yes I can. I can even access the database If I am logged in the windows as User but I right click Act and select run as administrator, type administrator password for windows and act credentials!!When i dont run the act exe as administrator and provide my credentials It is loading for ever ,actually the loader is showing Logon completed.... and then crushes!Any help would be really appreciated!

Bronze Elite Contributor

Try This -

Stop the SQL ACT7 instance.

Go to the folder that contains the ACT database. Right click and select properties. Add your user to this folder or if already in add read/write if not selected. Also make sure update subfolders is enabled.

Start SQL ACT7 instance.

Solution
Accepted by topic author gkl
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

gkl
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

havoc you rock!!

I tried both links and restarted, I believe that the UAC sorted out the issue!Finally I can log into act without a  windows non-administrative account!!!!