Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Locking display panes? Notes, History, Activities tabs keep getting put at bottom of screen...

Copper Contributor

Locking display panes? Notes, History, Activities tabs keep getting put at bottom of screen...

Randonly a user has the Notes, History, Activites... tab pane displayed at the very bottom of the screen to where it has to be dragged up in order to display.  It keeps doing this and is rather annoying.  Is there a way to lock the display so this does not keep happening?

Example 1 (Normal view) - note redline that shows that pane.

Example 2 (Pane at botton of screen)

Is there a way to lock the pane display so this does not keep happening?

Thanks for any help!

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Locking display panes? Notes, History, Activities tabs keep getting put at bottom of screen...

Is there something that the user is doing, perhaps w/o realizing it?

Is the user changing screen resolutions?

Copper Contributor

Re: Locking display panes? Notes, History, Activities tabs keep getting put at bottom of screen...

Nothing that either of us are aware of.  I can have ACT open, size the pane corretly, go through a few contacts, and exit ACT.  Open it and it goes to the bottom of the screen.  Not all the time, but enough to be annoying!

Copper Contributor

I found:

Answer ID 

LINK

I am hoping this might be the cause of it as the desktop DPI settings were higher than normal (96).

Bronze Super Contributor

You've likely uncovered it - changing the DPI from the 'normal' setting causes various anomolies for Act!...
Copper Contributor

I am having the same problem. The Notes, History tabs etc... Continue to creep to the bottom of the window. Also the Company name and notes panes move to the right until you can't see the company information. I was working in Act 2010 and couldn't get it fixed. I was hoping that an upgraded to Act 2012 and a new install of Windows 7 pro would help but the problem is back. 

The suggestion is to go back to the native screen DPI, I find that a bit small on my computer so it is a bit bigger than native. As for Act it is small print which I would like bigger but I can live with for now.

So if there is anything to adjust the window panes so they do not creep down or to the right please let me know.

Thank you for your help.

Jack