Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Locking A Closed Opportunity

Jmo
Astute Commentator

Locking A Closed Opportunity

Hello!

Does anyone know how to permanently close or lock an opportunity so that it cannot be changed? When I close an opportunity- I don't want it to change- ever. I track our sales this way. For instance, we normally are paid on a commission basis, but now we buy & re-sell some items. I changed/added fields I enter data in via "Products/Services"- and unbeknownst to me all of my prior closed opportunities had their gross margins changed. I did back-up the database and I know I can go back- but I need those added fields.I'd have to correct at least 100 records- if I could "lock" them I could avoid this.

Incidentally I've asked customer service this question and they don't have an answer- so I guess I am looking at a way to trick the program or a work-around. The only thing I can think to do is create a "new" database for 2012 and remove all the old closed opportunities so that they can't be changed- but 3 other people use ACT and I don't want to mess with the shared databases.

Thank you,

JMO

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Locking A Closed Opportunity

If your using ACT! Premium you could use access control to secure opportunities based on individual or team

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Jmo
Astute Commentator

I tried that but it won't quite work. I need everyone to see the data- I just don't want the data to change. We all need to be able to see the customer, product, price etc.- sometimes we want to sell a product for the same price etc.  I tried making an opportunity private- but the whole opportunity disppeared on everyone's PC but mine. My guys need to see the price that it was sold for- I just don't want them (or me) to be able to change the price once its sold & closed.

Thank you for the idea! Smiley Happy

Bronze Elite Contributor

Perhaps export to Excel from time to time and just save the spreadsheets as a reference.

It is a sad reflection on business nowadays that people are driven to devise a technical solution for implementing 'honesty'.

Honesty is way more cost effective. Smiley Wink

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem. I was showing act to customer and talking about opportunities and he asked about perma closing opportunities i said that its not possible and his face looked like "W!T!F!" . 10years crm program cant do such a simple yet very important options for all sales people ? so is my opinion how could that be.