Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Locate Field Used - Not in Layout Editor, but shows in Lookup list of fields

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Locate Field Used - Not in Layout Editor, but shows in Lookup list of fields

Hello, 

I am trying to clean up the database for this company and there are SEVERAL fields that I cannot locate where they are/were used. I have gone through the layout editor and done drop down in the upper right, but none are there. However, I can do a lookup of many of them and from 61-1400 contacts/companies have entries for it. There really hasn't been somebody that has customized much of anything here, but there must have been at some point. Is there any way to locate this information of where the field is/was???

Thank you!!!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author brienne
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Locate Field Used - Not in Layout Editor, but shows in Lookup list of fields

Try the field summary report in ActDiag:

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14011/kw/14011

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Locate Field Used - Not in Layout Editor, but shows in Lookup list of fields

In the layout editor, go to View > Properties window.  Then, in the drop down at the top of the Properities window, select that field.  You can change where it's located (manually) on the X,Y axis.

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com
Copper Contributor

Sorry, I didn't explain it that well from my initial post...but I was doing a lookup for a contact, and there were TONS of fields that I have never seen on any layout....and I do a search with "contains data" and several have been used before. But when I am in the layout editor and go to top right and look in drop down for field to see where it is placed, it isn't even in the list -- meaning it is not a field used anywhere. Looking at the data where it has been used, it was from years ago when there was another employee here who probably toyed around with new fields and what not (that are no longer on any layout and used). I just wasn't sure if there was a way to see where the field had been before, or a list of all fields used ever (so any containing data).

Thank you for getting back to me though  =)

Solution
Accepted by topic author brienne
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Try the field summary report in ActDiag:

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14011/kw/14011

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com
Copper Contributor

THANK YOU!!!! That is the information i was looking for!

Brienne