Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

List views How do you set the column width?

List views How do you set the column width?

When opening the List View in contacts and companies the columns have to be resized every time you open and close the feature or open a record on the list. This is time consuming. How do you set the list columns to auto fit.

Copper Contributor

Re: List views How do you set the column width?

Hi,

Try resetting Act preference and then 

Go to customize column and move all the fields to left and then add your choice of fields to the right. After doing this, you can resize the columns. This should work.

I have chosen the columns that I want to see but every time I open the list view they are all bunched up on the left side of the page and I have to stretch them out again. If I then click into a contact to view the data card when I go back to the list view they are all bunched up on the left again.

I tried your suggestion again and it worked in Companies but not contacts list view
Silver Super Contributor

Try contacts again and then exit by selecting File - Close before closing ACT completely.

I was finally able to accomplish this task with the help of tech support. All items had to be removed and each column had to be added one at a time, sizing each columns, then refreshing the page then adding a new column sizing the page then refreshing and adding another column and repeating the steps.

This has to be done for all list views, Contacts, Companies, Groups. Time consuming to say the least now I'm curious to see if all users in the company need to repeat the same steps.