Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

List of field names

Copper Contributor

List of field names

How can I view a list of all available fields in a database, and all the ones currently being used in a database? ACT  Premium  2011 is the db. Thank you, Judy

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: List of field names

Field information is available in ACTDIAG

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Thank you, I can view the field summary report that way through the  actdiag which gives me a lot of info -I copied an example below:

ACT! Field: Department   ACT! Fieldtype: Character(128)      Custom: 0  Ordinal: 14    Displayed: 1  Define Fields: 1  Default
Access: FULL ACCESS (2)

Do you know if there is a way to sort and list the names of the ACT! field rather than all the extra information. Example from above, I'm looking just for the:

Department

(and the list of fields like:

First Name

Address 1

Address 2

City

State

Zip Code

I thought I saw that once in the Help section, but now I can't figure out what I viewed. Is a function like the list above available? Thanks! Judy

Platinum Super Contributor

Did you try the 'Field List to CSV' report?  It can be opened with Excel and sorted or edited easily.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Hi, thank you much. I will use that field list to CSV report. I thought there was an alternative way when in the database . I wanted to access a 'quick' list when I remotely logged into ACT on another system. I would like to find a quick guide rather than open up view while I was using the database remotely. Thank you very much. Judy