Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

List View/Edit Mode causes error message - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Copper Contributor

List View/Edit Mode causes error message - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I am using ACT! By Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1

Windows 7 Professional 32 bit (new Sony Vaio)

I use a remote database that syncs with the main database on a Windows 2003 server

In contact List View...

1. Each time I select the edit Edit Mode checkbox I get a pop up message that says, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
  2. If I click okay, I seem to be able to proceed with editing in list view/edit mode without issue.
  3. Once I click the checkbox to turn off Edit Mode, I get the same error message - click okay - and continue without any other errors.

I assume this should not be happening but have no idea how to diagnose it.

INTERESTING NOTE

I created a yes/no field and inserted it in my layout. I found that when I used the field, I would get the same error message - but my staff would not. It was specific to my computer. So I uninstalled ACT and SQL, rebooted and then reinstalled everything and recreated my remote database - problem solved - or so I thought. Now I have this error message, as described above.  Not sure if this is related or not...

Thanks for any info offered...rd