Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Linking large numbers of contacts without using groups

Linking large numbers of contacts without using groups

Okay everyone, 

So I am wondering if there are large numbers of contacts in a database that say all share the same mailing address but all other details are different. What is the best way to link these all together...So for instance, when I open one contact I can see all the other properties associated with it? I do not want to use groups...My database is very large at 20k records and there could be 100's of clients that have multiple properties that share a mailing address. 

I am in real estate so essentially I could run across one person that owns several properties and it would be great to know on the first call, etc...

Thanks in advance everyone!!!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Linking large numbers of contacts without using groups

You have the classic one-to-many situation. The best solution is to add a custom table for properties to the database. The ACT! program has the capability built in but you need a third party add in to provide a means of implement in and managing the custom table. there are two main choices, Durkin Impact Suite or Topline Designer.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

@Roy_Laudenslager I am imagine based on your business this is something that your company can assist with, but are you able to give some guidance as to which addon to buy? Seems like there are multiple options for purchase with those two companies. Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

At this point we need to take this discussion off line. Give me a call at the number in my signature block. I'm located in the Pacific time zone.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129