Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Linking emails to ACT Premium using Outlook

Copper Contributor

Linking emails to ACT Premium using Outlook

[ Edited ]

I am sending an email using outlook.  I do not want the email to link to ACT Premium, but when I click on 

Send without attaching, the email is still being attached in ACT.

I do not want this to happen.  Can anyone help?

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Linking emails to ACT Premium using Outlook

[ Edited ]

Hello,

If what you want is to stop the integration, you can do it in the same way you did for the integration to start.

The integration what it does is create a history record.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Now, if what you want is to send the mail creating the history record but without attachments ... in the configuration verify that in step number 5 and 6 this appears...

9.png

10.png

Mediana.png

PRAXI SOLUTIONS INC (CRM and FSM Solutions)
contactus@praxisol.com
customercare@praxisol.com
https://www.praxisol.com/solutions
Nickel Contributor

In the email setup wizard on step 5 of 8 make sure you have "None" selected in the drop down. When you send an email via outlook it will not automatically attach the email. You will have to fo to the addons tab in the email and select how you want to attach the email if you want to send and attach a specific email into the act! database.

email.JPG

Copper Contributor

There are times we require an email to be linked and other times we don't.

That is why I clicked on Send without attaching, as that normally would not add the email to ACT history.

But, for some reason, even though I clicked on send without attaching, it still attached.

Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

It might be worth setting it to none for the default, and then see if it still attaches,  then test an email by changing Act! history drop down in the email to see if it saves. Remember you have to close outlook and reopen it after changing the settings within act!

email2.JPG

Copper Contributor

Please follow the steps enclosed in the below article to disable Act! and Outlook integration settings in Act!

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38266/kw/how%20to%20disable%20email%20integration