Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Linking a folder from a URL field in ACT

Silver Super Contributor

Linking a folder from a URL field in ACT

A long time ago I linked a folder from a URL field over a network using something like

D://ACT\Completed Forms

Where forms was a folder on a mapped drive under the ACT folder.

Anyone please jog my memory? (Please note I do not want to use the existing linking in history or attach documents options.)

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Linking a folder from a URL field in ACT

Hello,

If you already created an access unit on the network ... you do not need \\

In that case, it is enough with D:\FOLDER\Sub-Folder\

If you do not have the network access unit ... then the way to call the share is \\Server\Shared Folder\

I'm not the most expert, but other users of this community are going to make a better suggestion

Best regards,

FIRMA.png

Nickel Elite Contributor

If you are trying to add a URL to your notes or history, the syntax is important and spaces require %20.

Here is a sample 

file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Ron%20Sh\My%20Documents\ACT\Document\Kassi%20Educational%20plans.DOC

Alternately, we have an Act! addon called Scan and Organize for Act! www.scanandorganize.com  

This addon allows you to link contacts, groups, companies or opportunities to folders on your local or network drives.  It even works with Dropbox and Onedrive.  Here is video if you are interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc7_50iqlEo&t=1s 

Let me know if my syntax above works for you.

Scott Abboud

Allied Financial Software, Inc.

770-475-0495 xt114

Silver Super Contributor

Thank you for the reply.

The odd thing is that D://ACT\Completed Forms works where it is a local drive but not when it is a mapped drive to another server, all permissions are correct.

Will try your suggestion next week.