Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Linking Contacts to Companies

Linking Contacts to Companies

Hi,

I've just purchased ACT v17 and have imported 27,000 contacts from our Excel database. I now want to created linked Companies for all Company data contained within the contact cards. I can create the Companies from the Contacts ok but am disappointed to learn that the link between the two has to be manually set-up; I thought it logical that these links would be established as the companies were set up. I also thought that all the primary fields would be copied over but alas no!

I've spokne to Swiftpage who support us and they advise I need to source a plug-in that will do the job. 

Can anyone help me?

Many thanks,

John

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Linking Contacts to Companies

Tools | Preferences | Admin | Company Preferences | Company Creation

This can auto create and link the Company record from the Contacts

Hi Mike, 

Thanks for your response. I have done this already and now have 24,000 company records and 27,000 contact records. Unfortunately the contact names are not linked to the companies and do not show on the contacts tab on the company record. It is this link that I was hoping to auto create, however I'm advised that this has to be done manually which will be quite a task, give the number in the database!

Do you know of any plug-ins that are available to achieve a global link?

Thanks,

John

Platinum Elite Contributor

That's very odd ... Mine are linked.

Could it be that you have the Company Creation field in Preferences set to 0?
Silver Super Contributor

I sell an addon called CompanyMaker that will do it.  You can download it from www.adsprogramming.com/products.htm

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!