Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Linking Contacts and Companies

Linking Contacts and Companies

Hello,

I recently imported an Excel spreadsheet to ACT!, with an extensive list of companies. However, I ended up importing them as contacts. Now I want to convert  those "Contacts" into Companies, keeping all of the information in the various fields. Hundreds of notes have been made since this import was performed, so I can't simply re-import all of my companies. Essentially, I am looking for a way to take a set number of Contact records, and convert them to Company records while keeping all of the notes and information in the fields, if it is possible.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Administrator

Re: Linking Contacts and Companies

Hi AnnB,

Unfortunately, without a lot of manual work, or a third-party tool, there is no way to convert your "contacts" with notes into companies with the notes intact.

You could enable automatic company creation which would create a new company records for each of the contacts with matching company fields, however they would only be created with basic information in the company record, and would not include any existing notes.
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Linking Contacts and Companies

Take a look at Company Wizard Plus http://www.egenconsulting.com/egcproducts.html

See if it might do what you are looking for. 

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT