Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Linked

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Linked

I'm using ACT! Premium 16.  The Social Update tab allows me to view the Contact's Linked in profile but it does not allow me to view the person's contact information. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author spsearch
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Linked

The reason that it does not allow you to view the contact information is because the Social Updates tab runs on Internet Explorer, except it's not full fledged Internet Explorer. In this lighter version of Internet Explorer, only certain basic HTML and Javascript will work. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to change this, however, if you wish to view their contact information, rather than having to open another browser and log into LinkedIn and browse to the contact's page, you can click "Open Browser" in the top right of the tab and it will open up the full version of Internet Explorer and automatically put you on their profile where you will be able to view their contact information.

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author spsearch
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

The reason that it does not allow you to view the contact information is because the Social Updates tab runs on Internet Explorer, except it's not full fledged Internet Explorer. In this lighter version of Internet Explorer, only certain basic HTML and Javascript will work. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to change this, however, if you wish to view their contact information, rather than having to open another browser and log into LinkedIn and browse to the contact's page, you can click "Open Browser" in the top right of the tab and it will open up the full version of Internet Explorer and automatically put you on their profile where you will be able to view their contact information.

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com
Copper Super Contributor

I continue having issues with the ACT! browser when viewing Social Updates on LinkedIn.  Recently something has changed and I can only see partial informaiton on the contact.  Plus, it still doesn't refresh when going from one contact to the next.  I need to hit another tab or go to Facebook, then back to LinkedIn.  Really frustrating.